- USADance.org – USA Dance, Inc. – The official U.S. amateur ballroom dance organization, for all amateur social and recreational ballroom and Latin dancers in the United States. USA Dance Inc. is the National Governing Body for all-amateur dancesport competitions in the United States, as well as the official member organization for dancesport on the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). USA Dance publishes an officiaL DanceSport Rulebook, which governs all-amateur dancesport competitions in the USA, and includes the official list of approved syllabus figures for each dance in all styles of dancing (International Standard, International Latin, American Smooth, and American Rhytym) in such all-amateur competitions. For more information on these styles of dancing, see our article above, “Know Your Dances: Dance Styles Explained – with Music & Video Samples of Each Dance.”
- USAdance-royalpalm.org – USA Dance Royal Palm Chapter – USA Dance Chapter for South Florida, one of 167 local USA Dance Chapters located throughout the United States. For a list of all local Chapters of USA Dance, Inc., see Find a Local Chapter on the USA Dance national website.
- RoyalPalmDanceSport.org – Official website of the annual USA Dance Royal Palm DanceSport Competition, sponsored by USA Dance, Royal Palm Chapter, and held each year in January or February at Goldcoast Ballroom. The USA Dance Royal Palm DanceSport Competition is one of the most highly regarded dancesport competitions in Florida and in the United States. A National Qualifying Event (NQE) of USA Dance and WDSF Open, it draws hundreds of top competitors from throughout the United States, Canada, and the World.
- World DanceSport Federation (WDSF) — USA Dance, Inc. is the official U.S. member of the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF), the official world federation of all national organizations governing amateur dancesport. WDSF is the official global member organization representing dancesport on the International Olympic Committee (IOC). WDSF also has a strong Professional Division which holds professional dancesport competitions – particularly outside of the United States. Formerly known as the International DanceSport Federation (IDSF), the WDSF publishes a Syllabus, which governs the permitted syllabus figures, order of figures, and technique for all International Standard and International Latin dances, for purposes of all dancesport competitions held under the auspices of WDSF. For more information on these styles of dancing, see our article above, “Know Your Dances: Dance Styles Explained – with Music & Video Samples of Each Dance.”
- National Dance Council of America (NDCA) — The official governing council for professional and pro-am dance and dancesport in the USA and national association representing professional dancers in the USA. NDCA publishes an official list of “NDCA APPROVED FIGURES, ELEMENTS, RESTRICTIONS” which determines the syllabus figures and elements permitted for all dances in each of the styles of dance — American Smooth, American Rhythm, International Ballroom and International Latin — for NDCA-sanctioned dancesport competitions in the USA. For more information on these styles of dancing, see our article above, “Know Your Dances: Dance Styles Explained – with Music & Video Samples of Each Dance.”
- World Dance Council (WDC) — The National Dance Council of America (NDCA) is the official U.S. member of the World Dance Council (WDC). The WDC is an official regulatory council for professional and pro-am ballroom dancing worldwide.